Marquesa de Chocolate
Marquesa de chocolate, a Venezuelan equivalent of German Kalter Hund.
In a heavy bottomed pan place the milk, sugar and vanilla, when warm add the previously beaten egg yolks, stirring constantly.
Apart in a water bath melt the chocolate with the butter, when melted pour in the milk mixture and continue stirring.
Dissolve the cornstarch with the 3 tbs milk and add to the mixture, continue stirring until it thickens, turn down the heat and reserve.
To make the chocolate marquise, in a glass baking dish place a layer of chocolate pudding, followed by a layer of cookies (previously soaked in cold milk with rum).
Continue layering until culminating with chocolate pudding, Garnish to taste. Refrigerate for 8 hours or until set.
- •Marie Biscuit, 2 package
- For the Chocolate pudding:
- •Butter, 2 tbs
- •Egg yolks (beaten), 4
- •Dark chocolate (finely chopped), 300 gr
- •Milk, 500 ml
- •Sugar, 125 gr
- •Vanilla extract, 1 tsp
- •Cornstarch (dissolved in 3 tbs milk), 3 tbs
- For soaking the cookies (just a little bit):
- •White rum (the one we used) or Brandy, a splash to taste
- For topping (optional, we ommited this):
- •Chocolate Sprinkles (milk or white)
- •Chcolate Shavings (milk or white)
- •Chocolate Chips (milk or white)
- •Marasquino cherries
- •Chopped or Sliced blanched Almonds
- •Chopped Walnuts